|Borrowed picture from bridalguide.com|
Before heading into the battle that is a bridal expo, here are some tips.
- Be Organized. Come prepared with a folder or notebook in which you can put handouts or jot notes about specific vendors. When you get home with all the stuff you collected throughout the day, you will be happy you did.
- Wear Comfortable Clothes and Shoes. I followed this rule pretty well—only a small heel on this girls boots—but I saw many ladies donning sky high stilettos and tight mini dresses. The goal of this day is to gather information for your wedding while having fun, and I could see the look of absolute agony on some faces yesterday.
- Come with a Supportive and Patient Group of People. This can be a long day of wedding education, so you want to make sure that you are with people who are as interested as you.
- Drink Water. The champagne, wine, and beer tastings will have you dehydrated right quick. So pick up a bottle of water to wash it all down. Also, make sure you don't drink so much that you become forgetful or unfocused. You have a job to do!
- Have an Amazing Time: I think the main objective of the day is to have fun. Chances are you are with some of your bridal party, or fiancé, or mom and they just want to see you have a good time. Make the day memorable. If all goes to plan, you won't have the opportunity to be a bride at one of these things many times.
|Beautiful little notebooks I bought at Target that are great for on-the-go.|
The day for me was a success. I decided having Dan there would have been a plus as there are so many things I want him involved with, and I think secretly he has an opinion about.
Our wedding isn't until sometime in Summer 2014, so we could actually do this again next year. Maybe then I will put some of this advice to use and get a little more accomplished.
Til next time.