Wednesday, December 5, 2012

BB & SS & CC Cookies


I try not make cookies too often as they seem to quickly and magically disappear. Weird how that happens...But when I read about these brown butter and sea salt chocolate chip cookies (the abbreviation in the title was clearly needed), I knew I had to make an exception.

These cookies are as good as they sound, which I think is often not the case. I followed the recipe exactly, and if you are thinking of making them, I recommend you do the same. Monique of Ambitious Kitchen definitely knows what she is talking about when it comes to the kitchen. The girl can bake! (Monique, if you see this...I love your blog!! I want to make everything you bake/cook!)


I think that the key to how amazing these cookies are is the brown butter. Everything is good or better with brown butter. Make sure that you brown it long enough so that it gets a strong, nutty aroma. Otherwise, you don't get the full effect of this amazing stuff.



The dough whips up very neatly, which is another plus. These cookies are easy, quick, and clean which is a big part of why I have made these not once, but twice in the past week! Make sure to follow Monique's instructions on chilling the dough. I have made many a-cookie where I did not do this, and now I am a believer. It does seem to make for a chewier center while still achieving a crisp outside. 


Another key to this recipe is the sea salt. I added a bit before the cookies baked, and a bit after.


So there you have it. Brown Butter & Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies. You will love them. Your friends will love them. Your family will love them. Bring them to holiday parties, the office, kid's soccer games and cookie swaps (never been to one, but this cookie would fit in just fine). Hope you enjoy!

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment