Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday House


Before I write this post, I would like to acknowledge the tragedy that has recently taken place in Connecticut. Lives have been ruthlessly taken, and I cannot begin to imagine the grief that the families and friends of those who were killed must be feeling. My heart goes out to all of you. There is nothing that can be said to ease this kind of pain, but nonetheless, I am sorry. Sorry that there is evil in this world beyond compare. And sorry that life is so unfair and so unkind sometimes. Those children and faculty are in a much better place. I hope everyone can find some kind of peace in the wake of this sadness. 


I love the holidays. The house is warm, the smell of fir trees and cookies waft through the air, and the decorations are wonderfully tacky in all their lit up brilliance. 

This year, Dan and I decided to buy a fake tree. Just so you know, I would never buy a regular fake tree that tries to resemble a Noble or a Douglas fir, but I would and have most certainly bought a fake tree that is pink. It's fabulous and anyone who disagrees is crazy. 


These photos do not do the color justice, but the tree is the perfect shade of light pink. We got our pink-beauty from treetopia.com —I cannot say enough good things about this site! On the tree we have added an assortment of sea-colored and clear bulbs. The complimentary colors play well off of each other. 


I love bird motifs, so when my mom brought over some little feathery-birds to nestle among the branches, I knew I had to find a bird tree topper. This is Gloria. She gracefully perches a-top our tree, adding whimsy to our living room. 

Our tree is really the only thing that is unique about our decor this year, so the rest of this post will be pictures of the rest of the house. Enjoy!








Til next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment